Joey Sturgis Tones is proud to announce an all-new vocal mixing plugin. Howard Benson Vocals by JST is the signature vocal chain of legendary producer Howard Benson.
Benson’s vocal production style and sound has been heard on hundreds of chart-topping albums over the last thirty years. He’s responsible for albums including Hoobastank’s The Reason , My Chemical Romance’s Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge & The All-American Rejects’ Move Along. He’s worked with some of the most successful American Idols, including Kelly Clarkson, Adam Lambert & Daughtry. In recent years, he’s worked on the latest albums from Issues, In Flames & Three Days Grace.
As you can tell, Howard Benson doesn’t just stick to a single genre – his work can be heard all over the charts. His dynamic approach to vocal production has led to huge major label success and for the first time ever, his award winning vocal mixing formula is available in one powerful audio plugin.
With Howard Benson Vocals, we’ve meticulously modeled every aspect of Howard’s vocal chain with direct input from Howard and his team every step of the way. Working to capture the essence of both hardware and software processing, we ended up with seven distinct signal chain elements that work together to form the core of his vocal sound.
So much of Howard’s sound comes from the dynamic front-end of the chain in the form of compression and EQ. Depending on the vocal styling, you can keep things clean and controlled or warm them up with tube saturation & grit controls. His semi-parametric EQ gives you the ability to paint in wide strokes sonically before passing through to the spatial section.
Spatially, Howard Benson Vocals includes both a multiplier and a spatial widener for three-dimensional control. Double your vocal for lush harmonic density and adjust the width of your vocal to dictate presence in the mix.
Finally, no vocal production would be complete without time-based effects. Using the Echo and Space modules in the plugin, producers can dial in the space around their voice for complete continuity with the mix. Finish everything off through a final output stage (limiter included) and you’ve got all the ingredients of a professional vocal mixing chain.
What you'll get
- Howard Benson Vocals by JST plugin formats: AAX, AU, VST2, VST3
- Howard Benson Vocals perpetual single-user license
- Over 99+ presets created by producers and engineers featuring Howard Benson, Mike Plotnikoff, Joe Rickard, Hatch Inagaki, Joel Wanasek, Joey Sturgis, members of the JST Community and more
- Vocal production insights video with Howard Benson and Mike Plotnikoff*
- Vocal mixing video tutorial with Howard Benson*
- Vocal mixing video tutorial with Joey Sturgis*
- Complete how-to video manual explaining all functionality of the plugin
- Plugin User Manual
* Accessed via the JST VIP membership site - membership not required
- Supported Windows or MacOSX Operating System
- Compatible DAW supporting AAX, AU, VST2, or VST3 plugin formats
- FREE iLok Account, iLok dongle NOT required
- Pro Tools
- Studio One
- Logic Pro
- FL Studio
- Windows 7 or above (32 & 64 bit): VST2, VST3, AAX, RTAS
- Mac OSX 10.8 or above (32 & 64 bit): VST2, VST3, AU, AAX, RTAS
- Note: The RTAS specification does not provide 64 bit support.